I love food trucks. Probably because it’s a high-end version of street foods.
They are mostly cheap, you can choose from so many different options, they are usually conveniently located and are just so much fun.The number of food trucks in Boston has increased significantly over the last year as the city has been very supportive of the food truck program. You’ll be able to spot one anywhere in the city where there are a lot of foot traffic. I haven’t tried every food truck in town but here are my top 5 favorites – not in any particular order.
1) Roxy’s Grilled Cheese: Who doesn’t love awesome grilled cheese with a hot cup of tomato soup? There are few different types of grilled cheese sandwhiches to choose from. My favorite: The Green Muenster Melt (Muenster cheese, homemade guacamole & applewood bacon) and the Mighty Rib Melt (Fontina, braised short ribs & caramelized onions).
2) Paris Creperie: Originally a popular restaurant, they decided to open a food truck version as well! I haven’t ordered too much from this truck but I can NEVER resist a nutella & strawberry crepe.
3) Bon Me: Those days when you just want some Asian food but can’t do the gigantic portion and the heaviness of the food? Bon Me is perfect for a light Asian meal. As a fusion Vietnamese food truck, Bon Me offers awesome menu items and a fixed price. I LOVE their shiitake mushroom and tofu option. SO GOOD.
4) Kickass Cupcakes: Awesome little sweet treat. Their cupcakes are definitely kickass! After your food truck meal, pick up a food truck cupcake for dessert.
5) The Chicken & Rice Guys: Originally very popular in New York, The Chicken & Rice Guys opened in Boston last year. This simple Middle Eastern fusion cuisine is cheap, filling and yummy. It’s making my mouth water right now! (side note: not the best option for vegetarians)
For a full list, location and time schedule for food trucks in Boston, check out the City of Boston website!